Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 4-Art of Possibility

It is funny how Dr. Bustillos mentioned in this section the "eager " teachers and "rocking the boat" (especially with the veteran teachers). Reading these chapters reminded me of a day we have at my school during post-planning where teachers are to get together and share a visual presentation of the work we did towards our IPDP (our professional growth plan). The options for our presentations were a tri-fold or a powerpoint presentation. But, because I had just learned how to do a podcast (during the course of my EMDTMS program), I was eager to share my new found skills. So, I put together a podcast and had it looping at my presentation table. It was me being that "eager" teacher, and because I dared to be different I received a request of my presentation from my principal and complementing remarks from my colleagues. However, not everyone was complimentary, some were sarcastic and some felt as though as I was "showing them up". Here I am not thinking that I am doing anything over and beyond, and not intending to brown-nose, I was just excited to apply this new found technology to my profession and I received some unwelcoming looks and comments from veteran teachers.  Personally, I  feel that I could have done a way better job on my podcast if I dedicated more time to it. It amazes me how many educators are so resistant to change, even when they don't have to do anything to change it. 
Unfortunately, I have attempted to upload my podcast for you to view but, this cite was dealing with technical difficulties. I also attempted to include a picture of my data used in the podcast however, that too would not upload :( ...

1 comment:

  1. ain't technology great that way... contrary to what the other disgruntled think, using technology keeps one humble. We're always just one crash away from disaster.

    ReplyDelete